KnowHow2GO is a public awareness campaign to guide students on how to turn their college dreams into action oriented-goals. The KnowHow2GO campaign was launched in January 2007 by the American Council on Education, Lumina Foundation for Education and the Ad Council. The KnowHow2GO Florida campaign is coordinated throughout the state of Florida by the Florida College Access Network. This multiyear, ground and media effort includes television, radio and outdoor public service advertisements (PSAs) that encourage 8th through 10th graders to prepare for college using four simple steps:
The Four Steps to College
- Be a pain
- Push yourself
- Find the right fit
- Put your hands on some cash
Students, parents, and mentors should take advantage of all of the KnowHow2Go campaign resources. Here are just some examples:
- KnowHow2GO Florida web site - Includes step-by-step instructions for middle school students, Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, Mentors, Foster Youth, and Adults. The site also includes links to specific resources within the state of Florida.
- KnowHow2GO Campus Tour - An interactive guide about what you can expect at a college campus. Be sure to click on all of the links: Campus Quad, Admissions, Financial Aid, Academic Center, Dorms, Student Center, Library, Athletic Center, and Career Center.
- KnowHow2GO YouTube Videos - Find inspiration and learn how others like you are pursuing their college dreams
- KnowHow2GO to College on Facebook - Get updates and stay connected through the KnowHow2GO to College Facebook page